Hacking is a long-term learning process; you won’t be able to learn everything in a single book or course. To improve your knowledge, you should read some of the best hacking books. This post will be useful if you want to start a career in hacking or if you want to learn from the best books.
Best Hacking Books for Beginners 2023
Currently, the field of cybersecurity is rapidly expanding. This is opening up a slew of new career opportunities in the cybersecurity field. If you’re interested in learning more about cybersecurity, there are a few books that can help you get started.
Advanced Penetration Testing
This book is designed for those who want to think like expert hackers and do pen-testing on strongly protected networks.
- The writer introduces you to various screening technologies and common library programs in such languages.
- A fascinating work; it’s like reading a novel, but it’s technical!
- Very relevant scenarios show how sensitive our data is in the digital world.
- While complicated, the guide shows you how to build unique programs and explains the value of pen-testing methods.
- You can go through the book regardless of having zero programming experience (but some computer background). Various secondary sources can assist you in learning the languages along the road.
- It is also an excellent book for anyone seeking to license as a pen-tester.
Hands-on Ethical Hacking and Network Defense
This is an excellent conceptual book for newcomers and the best book to learn to hack, especially for those who have no prior knowledge of networking, cybersecurity, or hacking. So, if you’re wondering, “Which hacking book should I read first?” this is a great place to start. It is an excellent book for a high-level overview of hacking concepts such as:
- Testing process
- Types of tools
- Penetration testing approaches
- Software security
- Security protocols.
- It’s simple to read and doesn’t get bogged down in complex explanations or applications.
- Every chapter ends with several problems and quizzes.
- Appendix B of the book has a wealth of materials and helpful reference information.
Hacking: The Art of Exploitation by Jon Erickson
This fundamental hacking book takes a unique approach to hacking. The author emphasizes the importance of thinking like a hacker, being innovative, and investigating previously unexplored areas. Aside from learning networking and cybersecurity, the author encourages you to have a strong technological foundation and describes how unusual hacking strategies work. This is a practical and comprehensive book that covers a wide range of hacking topics with examples.
- Although this book discusses C, it is best to possess a basic familiarity with the language before continuing.
- You must be familiar with the fundamentals of Python, Protocol, OSI, and the system software (Linux).
- It is analytical and complex, so read the book if you are free to thoroughly study all about hacking – it is not a short guidebook.
- The book intends to establish a strong basis for developing your programming methods rather than simply providing examples.
- It includes a Linux CD that allows you to exercise what you learn.
The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing
It is one of the best ethical hacking books to make a career as a pen tester. It covers many technical tools like:
- Social-Engineer Toolkit
- Backtrack and Kall Linux
This book is a must-read if you’re not sure where to start with penetration testing.
The author makes an effort to ensure that fundamental ideas are thoroughly understood, stick to the fundamentals, and do not confuse you with technical information or complex theories.
To improve the learning experience, each section includes several examples, end-of-chapter tasks, and additional resources.
Black Hat Python
This is one of the best black hat hacking books for people who know little programming but have no hacking experience. Python is easy to learn, so you can understand it while reading this book. You can also look up more information on the internet.
- Written in Python 2 and emphasizes how to create powerful hacking tools with Python.
- Details the strategies and tests you at different stages.
- It can be used as a general guide or as a starting point for learning.
- The author provides several fascinating methods for real hacking with Python.
- While some codes are old (Python2), people can convert them to Python3 and apply them.
- The book pushes you to experiment with the principles and extend the current strategies to develop your new adventures.
A good book to read is always a good idea. Furthermore, if you truly want to learn more about hacking or pursue a career in this field, you should start with the basics, and, believe it or not, a book will provide you with more accurate information. Obtaining useful knowledge can boost your confidence in your abilities, allowing you to find a good cybersecurity job or become a skilled hacker.